Monday, March 24, 2008

Sleep Deprivation

Burning the candle at both ends. That's what I am doing...and burning the candle sitting next to it...and the propane tank next to that. Sound familiar? I had a chance this weekend to exchange pathetic stories of sleep deprivation with my friend Amy. It went something like this, "Oh my God, I haven't had a shower since Friday," " I've had the same clothes on all weekend", "I daydreamed about quitting my job, so I can sleep." "My cat is like the three year old who wants attention, even if it is negative attention." I am trying to juggle my full time job at the library, my gigs, and my new jewelry business....and housework, and laundry, and paying bills...and having a happy disposition. This is much more difficult than I thought it would be. And, I am doing it ONLY with the support of many generous friends, my very talented apprentice Kassie, and LOTS OF CAFFEINE. There are so many things I want to do. Will I ever get to do them all? Everything is a process. I have to go with the natural flow of things and not push to fast. It is really amazing watching the way my life has unfolded. At 37, I still believe in romance and love, and still want to find a husband to be my companion and share my life with. Like my business, love in my life will happen only when it is supposed to. For the first in my adult life, I see that I am doing what I am meant to do in life. And I have excitement and a sense of adventure. I can't wait to see what is around the corner, what new thing I am going to come up with. I am really enjoying meeting all of you who read my blog, and contribute your unique talents that inspire all of us to be more creative. Those of you who are new artist/business owners, please email me and tell me about your experiences. I have much to learn as I am out here in Kansas alone trying to work my way through the maize. I will be doing some outdoor shows this summer, and I could use some advice about my booth display. Email me at cellocarrots@gmail.com. I wouldn't have made it to this point in the journey without all of your help and great advice. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz......................Time for another coffee

No comments: