Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Screen Sculptor, Vicki Vespestad

I met Vicki a couple years ago when we were both vendors at the Bizarre Bazaar. I was immediately taken by the beauty of these screen botanicals. They are created with industrial window screen and formed by folds and pleats, containing the most natural curves and nuances. They have a skeletal quality to them as if to be X-rays of real plant life. Vicki lives in the Kansas City area and creates her sculpture from her home studio. I purchased this leaf for my mother for Mother's Day. (No worries, she doesn't read my blog.) I enjoyed photographing this for it's architectural qualities that can easily look completely abstract. I have enjoyed seeing Vicki at various art fairs around Kansas. She is delightful in person as she looks in this picture.Orbit Originals By Vicki Vespestad Available at: Kemper Museum Shop 4420 Warwick Boulevard Kansas City, MO 64111 // Phoenix Gallery 919 Massachusetts St. Lawrence, KS 66044 // Gifted Hands Gallery Crown Center 2450 Grand Boulevard Kansas City, MO 64108

2 comments:

RockMeGently said...

That's beautiful artwork, very avant-garde! Thanks for sharing :)
Sheree

Francesca Watson said...

That's amazing!